Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Plan

It was in April when I first wrote about Daisy being back in our shop.  After months of waiting on the local body shop to get her painted and then giving up and finding a body shop in Abilene that actually got the job done (Thanks, Touch of Color!), it was in April that she got her final coat of yellow paint and came home.

After almost 12 months of waiting, the ball was back in our court.

And Roger was ready.  Over the months, he had devised a step by step plan on how to put Daisy back together.  I'm not sure if he came up with the plan to help keep him focused and on track or if he came up with it just to reassure me he knew what he was doing.  Either way, what started out as a 60 step plan to put Daisy back together grew into the 83 step plan that it is today.

By looking at the lines Roger has drawn through some of the steps, I'd say we are over half way finished.  That's the good news.

The bad news is Roger made a point to inform me all of those steps highlighted in yellow are going to take extra time.

We've learned on this journey that some most things just don't go according to plan. Every step has taken longer than what we thought it would and some steps, well, in my opinion, have taken an insane amount of time.

Roger thinks, and there are some that might agree, that I have a tendency to expect the completion of at least one step for every hour he spends at the shop.   He's hoping by letting me know in advance which steps are going to be more time consuming I won't panic.

It could work.

The next time he is spending like forever on one step, I'll get out this plan and take a look.  If the step he's working on is one of those highlighted in yellow, no doubt, I'll breathe a sigh of relief.


The Plan



No comments:

Post a Comment