Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Transmission......Done!



It was foggy and misty this morning when Roger sent me this picture as he was getting ready to leave Weatherford.  He drove to Fort Worth yesterday and picked Daisy's chassis up late that evening and then drove back to Weatherford to spend the night.




I'm not sure but I think I see a shiny, new gearshift sticking up there in the middle of the picture.  I don't recall that being there before Daisy went to Fort Worth.  I could be wrong, but hey, I'm just a girl.  I don't promise to always notice stuff like that!  Anyway, one more step of Daisy's restoration is complete!  Hallelujah!

And now on to another step........

Picking a color......

Picking a color of yellow.......

Who knew there were no less than nine jillion shades of yellow???




At least five different times we've picked a shade and felt positive that was the perfect choice only to change our mind a few minutes later when the sun came out from behind a cloud.

We were having a terrible time deciding........

and then we saw this!!!!!




Rally Yellow!  That's the one!  We told our friends, we told our family, we told our body shop guy, we told Banjo, the dog, Rally Yellow was the one.

Donny, at a Touch of Color in Abilene, was nice enough to get a sample of it and painted a small piece of metal so we could see it up close.




Yes! It's all set.  Miss Daisy will soon be sporting a coat of Rally Yellow!






No comments:

Post a Comment