Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Fond Farewell

It was sad.

It was traumatic.




We didn't want to do it, but we felt pressured.




One dreary day back in September, Roger loaded Peaches up on the dolly and took her to her new home.

Like a lamb being led to the slaughter, she was sacrificed.  She was sold.  

And for what?




For this?  For this little, yellow, upstart of a pickup that is so needy it is sucking it's owners dry?

Yes, sir, that would be the reason.  Daisy wants it all.  All of our time, all of our attention and every last dime in our pockets.

Peaches, being the grand southern lady that she is, stoically made the sacrifice.  When Roger drove off with her on the dolly, she never looked back.




Oh, but we miss her.  I never would have thought I could miss a car so much.  Every time I walk out into the garage and see that empty spot I think of her.  She was special.  Our first Model A.   She was a grand old lady.  

Her new owners have renamed her.  Maggie....Molly.....Matilda??  I can't remember.  It doesn't matter.  She'll always be Peaches to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment