Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Dolly For Daisy



I don't know if you've noticed, but lately the parking lot at the Big Lots store at the corner  of College Hills and Loop 306 has turned into a used car/truck/RV/boat/motorcycle/trailer/jetski/barbequegrill lot. You can drive by there at any time of the day and people are out browsing around,  looking for a bargain.




I happened to be driving by last Saturday when out of the corner of my eye I spotted this dolly sitting there baking in the 100+ degree temperature.




Considering at that very moment, Roger was returning a dolly that we had paid cash money to rent and the fact we knew we were going to have to rent one again in a few days to transport Daisy to the body shop, I thought it might be a good idea to check into this further.




I got hold of Roger on my cell and he came over and we checked this little baby out.  There were a few dents and dings.  The straps were missing and the tail-lites didn't work, but all in all,  I think we found ourselves a bargain!





Roger has lost precious "Daisy restoration time" the last few days because he's been busy making the necessary repairs and doing a couple of little upgrades to the dolly.   






But as soon as we get a new tire put on it,  I think it will be up to snuff.


Let's just hope Daisy thinks so.









No comments:

Post a Comment